Member of the public

If you are concerned about a child or young person you can get advice by contacting the Council’s Social Work Child Protection team on 01292 267675 or call 0800 328 7758 if out of hours. You can also contact us by emailing You can also call Police Scotland on 101.

In an emergency phone 999

It is everyone's responsibility to protect children.

All children and young people have a right to grow up in a caring and safe environment.

All adults have a responsibility to protect children and young people, including:

  • parents
  • family members
  • friends
  • neighbours
  • members of the public
  • all professionals